-Kandy W. (courtesy Paula Deen)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast *
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced **
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper, optional
1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
1 cup milk
1 stick melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, and peas. Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over the layers. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30-40 minutes.
*I use rotisserie chicken when I am in a hurry
** I leave out the eggs
This is so easy and so good. Nothing like a little comfort food, but what can you expect from Paula Deen?
Oct 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment